Thursday, July 08, 2004

I know it was sarcastic, I wasn't ripping on you. It's just that Prospectus comes up with more and more stats that, when it boils down to it, don't really mean anything. I mean, sure, they can come up with theories and such, but no one can legitimately say what's going to happen. Players/teams have runs, and they also have slumps. I think everyone knows that the Mets won't continue this great run they're having, nor will the Yanks continue to suck like this. But hey, a guy can dream.

However, I must say, I'm quite impressed with how the Mets have been playing. They're doing all the little things right, which they've had a problem with for a long time. Surprised no one's making mention of the hitting coming around now that Baylor was made hitting instructor, although I doubt that's really a factor.

Does this Soler guy really think he'll be able to help in a month? And do the Mets really believe him? And does anyone really believe he's 24?

No comments: