Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bye Bye, Willie.

I don't have much to say on the Willie firing. I've never been a big fan of his, but I don't think the team is going to suddenly play much differently for Manuel. The whole situation was handled poorly and seemed to be a distraction, so I'm glad it was finally resolved. I don't know much about Jerry Manuel, but it seems that he's a laid back, non-excitable manager like Willie. Seems to me that if you really wanted to shake things up, you'd go in the opposite direction.

For a much better and much longer take on the whole situation and the general state of incompetence in Mets management, read Faith and Fear in Flushing.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Just like the Mets to be afraid to fire him on Father's Day, let him fly all the way to Cali, play the game, and then fire him. Yeesh.

I liked the blurb in the Post today about the schedule maker. Seriously, they were just in Cali playing the Giants and Padres. So they come home, and then they're sent back out there? Ridiculous.