Saturday, December 20, 2003

Do you really think Payton would come back to a team that traded him? Can he even play RF anyway, I thought he was a CF. Seems like Mondesi might be the best bet, regardless of his past problems. I think the Mets need to abandon their outfield search for a bit and focus on some pitching. The rotation seems awfully thin, and we know there isn't any young talent coming up anytime soon.

I noticed Carlos Lee just signed a contract with the White Sox. Was he a FA, or was that an extension? If he was a FA, I would have loved to have signed him. And the deal was rather reasonable too, 2 yr/15 mil. And I can't believe Millwood accepted arbitration! What's that about?

Ryan, you're right, Tejada is definitely overpaid. And I guess another reason everyone loves Jeter (I don't) is because of his maturity and leadership abilities. And while I question that, since I think no one can really lead a Steinbrenner-owned team other than Georgie himself, people also respect him.

Bonds is a god, but what if he's a juiced-up god? That would tarnish baseball nicely.

When is Strickland supposed to be back? Before he got hurt, I thought he would have been the ideal closer when Boo-nitez left.

Who is Hairy Nuts? Notice I said who is, not who has, so I expect an answer from only 1 person.

Do I get royalties every time someone says the new Mets slogan now?

No comments: